RSS Feed

Jardin aux Lilas

Posted on

We have been enjoying Spring here in Portland for over a month now and the lilacs are out!  Back in New England, we wouldn’t get lilacs until the middle of of May, so this is a call for celebration!  This silk suit pays tribute to the Lilac, one of Spring’s most fragrant flowers.  The fabric is a lilac silk brocade woven with robin’s egg blue flowers, creating a striking color marriage.

The slim sheath dress has a cummerbund and bow detail in Robin’s Egg Blue silk dupioni.  The cropped swing coat is fully lined in the same blue silk and sparkles with tiny crystal buttons and a Swarovski crystal brooch on the collar.

An extravagant flower hat tops off the ensemble.

This fashion is created by hand from pure silk fabrics.  Any irregularities in the weave of the fabrics are part of the appearance of natural silk and should not be considered flaws.

If you are interested in purchasing this fashion, please email me at

hildaewestervelt@gmail.com

$110.00 (edition of 4) SOLD OUT

Lilas 003

Lilas 006

Lilas 011

Lilas 014

About hwesterv

Designer of couture fashions in 1/6 scale

12 responses »

1. Love!!! My favorite colors in one fashion!!! you’ve got it all!

2. Beautiful fabric and design!

3. That hat….that hat! That is worth the price of admission.

4. Hilda! Yet another beauty! Looks like Boater may be a new muse!

5. sigh….love love love the hat Hilda, so inspiring!! and I am a huge fan of lilacs, one of my fav scents and I like to order the extracts created each year from the Rochester Lilac Festival. If you haven’t done this, you must order some, you can find it at ThePurfumedCourt.
    hugs
    B

• Thank you so much, Brenda. I was just reading your post about your perfumes and it was so inspiring! I bought a violet perfume at Fragonard when I was in Paris and I love the idea of using it to scent the fashions. I haven’t tried it yet, but I may. I will check out the Perfumed court. Sounds like it could be dangerous! xoxox H

6. Lori Birkeneder

Love the color, love the hat, oh dear-just love!